School for Parents West Sussex
The Dame Vera Lynn Trust School for Parents West Sussex
Ingfield Manor School,
Telephone: 01403 782294
Fax: 01403 785066
Note: If you are visiting the School for Parents and using Sat. Nav. please use the following postcode for directions: RH14 9AZ
School for Parents East Anglia
The Dame Vera Lynn Trust
School for Parents
6 Perry Barn
Telephone: 01473 652880 or 01473 857678
School for Parents - West Sussex
Conductive Education and the learning environment
What is Conductive Education?
Conductive Education is an active education aimed at the development of learning. It is a unique holistic approach to meeting the child's complex needs. The primary aim is to develop an active personality.
Ingfield Manor was at the forefront of developing Conductive Education in the UK. Conductive Education was pioneered at the Peto Institute in Budapest, Hungary, and its principles were first brought to Ingfield in the seventies.
In the School for Parents the principles are applied to the families' daily lives at school, at home, and at play.They are taught with and through parents and incorporated into the children's routines at home.
Conductive Education achieves active purposeful movement and empowers the child to make choices, to become independent.... and take responsibility for themselves.
• Maximise active, functional movement in all situations
Conductive Education enables children to:
• Achieve success and thus increase their self-esteem
• Interact with other people and events around them
• Make choices and move toward independence
• Enable children to become independent through developing and maximising their abilities
Our objectives are:
• Build confidence and self-esteem for both parent and child
• Improve the choices and opportunities for each child through enhancement of their abilities
• Provide solid support and practical advice to parents so they can play a key role in the teaching partnership.